Don't Let Teeth Stains Affect Your Smile Confidence
It might seem like everyone has dazzlingly white teeth — except you. If you want to get rid of your stained teeth and smile with confidence, there are several methods to remove those stains and they fit every budget category. Read on to find out why your teeth might be stained and what to do about it.
Lifestyle Issues Cause Staining
For the most part, personal choices create the potential for staining. Smoking, for instance, can also lead to stubborn and pervasive teeth staining. Unsurprisingly, your food and drink choices also play a large part in stains. Dark red foods like tomato sauce and curries are the main culprits as well as red wines and dark-colored soft drinks, coffee, and juices. Unless you are having regular professional dental cleanings, the stains will accumulate rapidly. If none of the above applies to you and you still have stained teeth, you might fall into the below categories:
- You previously wore orthodontics. When the braces come off, the area hidden by the braces may contrast with exposed areas in a most unattractive manner.
- You take or have taken certain medications for medical conditions like hypertension, infections, or chemotherapy treatment.
What to Do About Stained Teeth
Start with a professional cleaning, particularly if you are past due for one. Almost everyone has had to put off certain dental and medical procedures at least once, but that doesn't mean you can skip them indefinitely. All of the below methods of whitening teeth work best on clean teeth. It's worth mentioning that any dental issues like cavities and gum disease should be dealt with before embarking on a whitening treatment plan. Take a look at some ways to whiten your smile:
- Toothpaste – You can either buy an over-the-counter whitening toothpaste or ask your dentist for a stronger version of the ones on the market. Being patient is important because the whitening effects are gradual.
- Whitening Strips – Your dentist can provide you with these strips or you can find them at your local pharmacy. The strips are applied and left on for several minutes each day.
- Bleaching – This manner of whitening teeth and removing stains produces a noticeable difference in just one session. In most cases, your teeth are coated with a solution and then exposed to a bright light to make the bleaching work faster.
Talk to your dentist about your stained teeth and find out how affordable and easy it is to attain a dazzling smile. A dentist can provide this and more information.